Kind regards Leslie, Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Secondly to be told to walk to supermarket to get supplies through a potentially dangerous area unacceptable. An essential step for all fine 'gourmets' is to visit our restaurant 'La Mare O Poisson'. The menu is sensibly limited, and all the dishes are very well cooked and presented along with a modest but decent wine list. And for those who need it, I'm reliably informed that WiFi was fast and reliable. The decor of the rooms is tasteful, ell equipped and the bed was extremely comfortable. My husband and our nine year old daughter stayed here in August for five nights as we were attending a family wedding. Very comfortable large bed and room size larger than normal for France. After a bit of a nightmare their smiling receptionist was a very reassuring sight. Hotel has a nice bar where you can end a long day around a fire in comfortable armchairs. We arrived around lunchtime and took a walk into the typical seaside town. Maybe next time the weather will be much better! The best thing is Claudine is still working there, as she is so helpful and runs the hotel splendidly. Worse, I slept little as my bed was so uncomfortable. We skipped breakfast in the morning as we didn't need it after the previous evening's lovely dinner. The friendly staff member on reception provided us with a map of the area and suggestions for food and drinks. Whatever you do, DO NOT eat in the restaurant: it's over-priced, and the food is truly dire. Tea and coffee provided. It is only 3 or 4 minutes from the terminal but is very quiet. Very convenient for the ferry port too. Evidenced by the efforts that they made to return an item of luggage inadvertently left behind to me in Uk Room was clean and comfortable and evening dinner in the restaurant was superb This will be a regular stopover for us. Charming and helpful reception. Our stay was for two nights. We didn't have time for breakfast as early ferry so can't comment on this. Very nice hotel located with in 2kms of the very terminal. We dined in for the first time on the most recent visit, and were underwhelmed. Good breakfast and the restaurant attached was well worth a visit. Enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and an indoor pool. Good value for money great for families we had 2 adjoining rooms. Breakfast room ,and a restaurant as well . Since you comment, we have put the heater settings higher so this problem should not happen again. The fish dishes are excellent. The Best Western® Hotel La Mare O Poissons is ideally located between the sea, the D-Day sites and the car ferries terminal. My first choice hotel, in the centre of Ouistreham, was fully booked which slightly surprised me, but this hotel just out of town had space. The hotel was very pleasant, the staff were very welcoming, the receptionist especially, breakfast was average but it was really nice to have someone cook eggs, We had a meal in the restaurant the night before and it was one of the best meals I had eaten all trip. However what a pleasant surprise for me and my team on entering the hotel on the cleanliness and on how the staff were so helpful. The rooms are up-market chain hotel standard; very comfortable but pretty much devoid of any character, but the beds are of a good size and appear to be new. Bar and lounge area really nice. Highly recommended hotel and restaurant. If using the ferry or visiting the beautiful Normandy countryside and the many WW2 sites, this hotel is well worth the stay. Despite this we found it comfortable and convenient for the ferry port and have already booked for our next trip to the UK. We hope you will come back and see us again soon (with you dog of course!). Very comfortable large bed and room size larger than normal for France. On the plus side, the location of this hotel is perfect for getting to the Brittany Car ferry port as it is only a 10 minutes drive. Found the staff to be very warm and welcoming, and happy to share their local knowledge, and attentive when sitting in the bar unwinding (us unwinding, not the staff!) I'm sure we would stay here again if planning another trip in the area. Unfortunately no-one told me that, and the corridor lighting gives up short of the end room where I was. Best Western Hotel La Mare O Poissons, Ouistreham. We had dinner the first night which was lovely however although they state they speak English, the girls in the restaurant dont, so bit of a language barrier there. Handy for the ferry port and a short stroll into the lovely town of Ouistreham. Good secure parking. The buffet breakfast also came up to expectation. I am so grateful. The village of Ouistreham is very walkable with easy access to a large shopping area with 2 local chain supermarkets in it. Can't say anything bad about this hotel. The hotel is definitely one of the best in town. Nothing open on Sunday except McDonald's that is only a 5 minute walk. the hotel was easy to find just off the road into town we were made welcome the room was small but had most basic needs for our enjoyment and comfort ,the staff were friendly and obliging ,the restaurant was excellent ,the food was presented as fit for a king,very good,enjoyed the two day stay. We had busy schedule so didn't have the breakfast. Stay at this 3-star business-friendly hotel in Ouistreham. Nice rooms and ok breakfast. Will definitely stay there again. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. My partner and I stopped in Ouistreham to break up our journey between Saint-Malo and Le Touquet and really weren't expecting much from the hotel. The venue was opened in 2010. Plenty of towels provided. Communication can be difficult sometimes... Do not hesitate to give your feedback on their own trip advisor page so the restaurant owner can improve his staff! If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Room 12 is harder to heat because it is a larger one. The presentation and service was excellent and I would definitely stay here again just to eat in the restaurant, in the current climate I would book if you want to eat. My wife had a starter of 6 fresh oysters which could cost at of the menu cost at home. I booked this hotel for its location. She was lovely - made us a couple of evening snacks and pots of good tea! It offers en-suite guestrooms with elevator access, LCD satellite TV and free Wi-Fi. 28 and that was a long walk to the elevator then the room. Best Western La Mare O Poissons - Set in a vibrant area of Ouistreham, the 3-star Best Western La Mare O Poissons Hotel offers non-smoking rooms. An excellent three star hotel only a stones throw from the Brittany Ferry terminal. We stayed here for 3 nights and were met by a very serviceminded hostess, speaking english. Room was spacious, well equipped, clean and comfortable. Really good restaurant but as it is not too large would recommend reserving a table especially if your stay is at the weekend. The room was clean and comfortable as was the bathroom. Guests can enjoy the outdoor heated pool. I would definitely recommend a trip to this gorgeous traditionally French town. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. To be fair I heard no normal noise from other rooms, it was only when things were dropped. Haven't been in a Best Western for some time. You are checking availability for the Best Western Hotel La Mare O Poissons. Plenty of compressor work which was noisy and unwelcome. Looking for a hotel ,close to Ouistreham ferry port ,this is the place to stay . Good breakfast and the restaurant attached was well worth a visit. Kind regards Leslie. Best Regards La Mare ô Poissons, Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at our property. Excellent beautifully food cooked at reasonable price. I have stayed here a couple of times - using the hotel as a base to explore the region and also as a stopover venue before travelling onwards. We enjoyed a delicious meal in the restaurant which although pricey, was very enjoyable in lovely surroundings. The staff were very friendly and efficient. To top off our stay, breakfast was delicious! In the Afternoon we visited Bayeux, home of the UNESCO sited, Bayeux Tapestry. less, We stayed for one night stop over ready for catching the ferry next morning. We always stay here when we are on our way from the UK to our house in France. Nice hotel. Very comfortable large bed ... more, The staff were very friendly and efficient. No other hotel gives the excellent service the staff provides at La Mare O Poissons. Booked for 2 nights and as ferry was delayed ,arrived at midnight,staff very helpful and got us a drink from bar. I enquired if any takeaways nearby as the town is half hour walk away an rather abruptly got told no but carrefours nearby I could walk to . A very happy experience for two weary travellers. So I paid the extra amount to escape the place. Guests can enjoy the outdoor heated pool. Unfortunatly we had a small problem with our water heater and hot water was taking a little bit more time than usual to arrive. Very clean all over, staff very pleasant. Very helpful and friendly staff on reception. To book, call our team on 0800 393130 (Freephone) and we will ensure that your room meets all of your requirements. We have just spent a night here and, as always, it was excellent. The receptionist/breakfast manager/bedroom cleaning helper simply put it in the bin when I showed her and had a quick glance at the cornflakes container. She also told me that now I know to ask not to have room 12. The receptionist was very helpful and the restaurant had a superb menu. Come and experience our hotel near the major tourist attractions. At 7.30 pm a very over worked young lady, who was also the receptionist, nervously knocked on the door to inform us that the restaurant was full and could not accomodate us. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Leslie B, Responsable réception at Best Western La Mare O Poissons, responded to this review Dear guest, Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in Ouistreham. Only potential downside would be the number of immigrants seen outside on the main roads, but they never appeared to come into the hotel grounds at all. The beds and linen were of a high standard. The bedroom en suite is 'compact'. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Book early if you want the restaurant as it was fully booked for us 4 days ahead and it's a taxi ride to anywhere else to eat. Only downside is large groups of migrants on traffic islands nearby. Top food at reasonable prices and again, very friendly staff. The hotel is definitely one of the best in town. WiFi and parking are free, and this hotel also features an indoor pool. Basic snack food but delicious all the same. Book online for the lowest price. If using the ferry or visiting the beautiful Normandy countryside and the many WW2 sites, this hotel is well worth the stay. Great location for the ferry port and easy parking. Clean Hotels in Ouistreham: Find 2544 traveller reviews, candid photos, and the top ranked Clean Hotels in Ouistreham on Tripadvisor. The Best Western Hotel La Mare O Poissons is ideally located in the center of Ouistreham.

La Belle Vie Sacha Distel Partition, Recette Pain Tunisien Farci, Le Parrain Chef D'oeuvre, Combien De Manche Pour Gagner Au Snooker, Journal De Naissance 1956, Les Croqueurs De Pommes Isère, Code Couleur Orange Pastel, Dentifrice Maison En Tube,